Personal Injury Lawyer in Circleville, Ohio
Understanding Personal Injury Law in Central Ohio
Personal injury law can apply to a number of unique, personal injury claims and lawsuits. Often times the injury suffered can be by a negligent individual, business, or employer and by working with an experienced lawyer, they’ll be able to help you get your ideal outcome such as fair compensation and/or settlements.
What Are Considered Personal Injury Case Types?
There are many different kinds of accidents and personal injuries that can affect you or your loved ones. Some examples include:
- Car or truck accidents: can affect pedestrians, bicyclists, or occupants of passenger vehicles with sometimes serious injuries including neck and back, whiplash, ligament and disc injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), broken bones, and other types of ailments.
- Injuries in the workplace: a common occurrence in the U.S., work injuries can face you with the need for medical treatment causing time away from work and potentially major financial impact. They can also temporarily or permanently disable you, preventing you from working the same job you had before.
- Dog bites or dog bite injuries: dog bites are very common in the U.S., and often times it’s not the owner that’s the one bitten. If you’re bitten by someone else’s dog, there is a very good chance that it will become infected or require medical attention to avoid serious complications. You may be entitled to compensation from the dog’s owner in order to offset time away from work and medical costs.
- Motorcycle accidents: oftentimes caused by collisions with fixed objects or with another motor vehicle and can include TBIs, spinal cord injuries, severe bruising, and road rash. Often times they require a long road to recovery with physical therapy and sometimes there are ailments you may have to live with for the rest of your life.
- Premise liability injuries: these occur to people who are customers or tenants where the liability is on the landlord, business, or property owner.
- Burns and burn related injuries: very common in the U.S. burn injuries can include steam or hot liquid burns, direct heat source burns, electrical burns and chemical burns and can be caused by a number of things including explosions, natural gas accidents, defective products, and motor vehicle accidents.
How Does A Personal Injury Lawyer In Ohio Help With Your Case?
Experienced personal injury lawyers will do a number of things to help with your unique case including:
- Start investigations where they will look at evidence, collect police and investigative reports, and look at medical bills, while communicating to you in a way that you can understand your best options.
- Put together a demand package that outlines for the at-fault party or their representatives, the details of your injuries, expenses, and desired compensation. You can be compensated for things like: loss of enjoyment of life, inconvenience, scarring and disfigurement, pain and suffering, lost wages, and emotional and mental anguish to name a few.
- This is when there is an opportunity to settle the case outside of court, however if you don’t get your ideal outcome, your personal injury lawyer should work with you file a lawsuit, look at other settlements that might arise, and represent you in trial if an agreeable settlement can’t be reached.
An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Central Ohio
Defense lawyer Matthew O’Leary will work with you to get you your ideal outcomes following an injury you or your loved one may have experienced and is currently taking cases and new clients in Pickaway, Ross, Fairfield, Madison, and Fayette counties.
Call O’Leary Law at 740.474.4411
Call to a free phone consultation and quickly find out what to do next about your OVI charges.